- Wren Chicks Class - Pre-school
- Wren Class - Reception and Year 1
- Kingfisher Class - Years 2, 3 and 4
- Owl Class - Years 5 and 6
- Progress and Achievement 2016-17
- Progress and Achievement 2015-16
- Progress and Achievement 2014-15
- Curriculum Map
- Phonics and Reading Schemes
- Collective Worship / Assemblies
Welcome to Kingfisher Class
Spring Term 2018
We are a mixed Class of Year 2, 3 and 4 pupils. Our Class Teachers are Miss Laurie and Mrs Wiseman. Our classroom benefits from a wide team of Teaching Assistants: Mrs. Walpole, Mrs Barber, Mrs Kirkum and Mrs Knight. Pupils are taught Science by Mr Haynes (Specialist Teacher) and PE by Mr Chapman who is the Wilby School Sports Lead.
Our topic for the Spring term is China. We will be finding out about where China is and about the people who live there and how their everyday life is both the same and different to ours. We will be learning more about about its famous landmarks, its culture, festivals and its food. In literacy we will be producing a variety of different types of writing about dragons, writing instructions for Chinese cooking and crafts and also reading/ listening to some traditional Chinese tales. Everyone will be invited to a special Wilby Chinese New Year Celebration just before half term-watch out, there may be some dragons about!
This term our focus in on China
|If you have any relatives/friends in China or stories of your own trips there to share we would love to hear from you|
Class Information - things to remember
- Monday - Music instruments if required.
- Tuesday - Homework needs to be completed and handed in today.
- Wednesday- PE kits required.
- Thursday-Times-tables tests.
- Friday- Spelling tests.